I Just Had Rhinoplasty 12 Days Ago and my Bridge Looks Very Unnatural

I am a 23 year old Asian male. I had a silicone implant inserted through closed rhinoplasty to increase the height of my bridge. The result was that the bridge area between my eyes is very unnatural looking for my ethnicity. imagine a pencil sticking out of my forehead at 45 degree angle, there shoud be a slight de-elevation from brow to mid eye, then the bridge increases in height from there!! I wasn't given a nose that suited my ethnicity nor does it harmonize with my features. Im depressed.

Asian Rhinoplasty Healing

+2

Noseforasians, I would be patient since you are only 12 days out from closed rhinoplasty surgery. This is much too soon to make a determination if or not the rhinoplasty was successful. Personally, I am not a fan of silicone implants in the nose as I do feel they result in a more unnatural looking nose in Asian patients. In fact, below is a link to our website where we have provided an in depth analysis of Asian rhinoplasty.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unnatural appearance after placement of silicone implant

+1

Early after sugery it's normal to have quite a bit of swelling that will obscure your final result.  I would give the swelling time to resolve before becoming to fixated on your result.  In general, though, silicone does tend to create a less "natural" appearance than grafts made from your own cartilage such as a DCF (diced cartilage fascia).

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

Hi. The appearance of your nose at this point during your recovery is not indicative of your final result. Postoperatively, it is normal for there to be substantial edema (swelling) of the soft tissue of the nose. Some of the appearance that you describe may be partly due to that edema. Patient anxiety is common during this time between splint removal and the dissipation of edema. At 12 days, you are still in the early stages of healing. You cannot and should not try to judge your result at this time. As the edema resolves your result will become more apparent. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon, who alone is familiar with the details of your operation and can address your specific concerns. Good luck.

James M. Pearson, MD

You may have too big a implant

+1

It is too eary for the final result. You may need to have revision to shave down the implant to make it less prominent.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Noseforasians, I usually ask my patients to wait for at least 6 months to see the final result of this procedure, so be patient. Nevertheless, regarding the silicon implants, I have not put any on my patients, because I personally don't think this is the best choice for them.

Francisco Sauceda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Implants in the nose

+1

Your pictures do not give a good enough view. Silicone implants can be great but, also are full of potential problems.Please let more time go by before making a final decision. If it needs to come out, have it taken out and then discussthe alternatives

David A. Bray, Sr., MD