I've Had 2 Rhinoplasties.Scar Tissue Keeps Coming Back at Same Place, Makes Nose Look Unstraight. Can This Be Fixed with Grafts?

Hi, Ive had 2 rhinoplasties. Everytime scar tissue was formed at the exact same place (Kenacort woudnt help either).This makes my nose look very round on one side when I look at it in the mirror while turning my head 45 degrees even though its perfectly straight when I look at it from the side (90 degrees) Is possible to get some implement or graft above the scar tissue on that side of my nose, without having a full operation again? So It will look straight from the 45 degree angle. Thanks.

+1

The nose may be improved with a closed rhinoplasty.   I would need more images to determine whether an operation would be necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Sebastian. It is difficult to answer your questions without the advantage of seeing photos or examining you. Revision rhinoplasty often involves the use of cartilage to provide support, structure, and correct deviations of the nose. Unfortunately, surgery must usually performed under anesthesia to be successful. Even well executed surgery may only partially correct a crooked nose as scar tissue may reform and compromise the final outcome. You might wish to consult with a plastic surgeon with experience in revision rhinoplasty who can inform you of the likelihood of a successful outcome. Good luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS