Can Rhinoplastic Surgeons Create a Small 'Button' Nose? (photo)

the small 'button' noses that are seen on most models- can rhinoplastic surgeons create these shape noses from a nose that is a little longer and bigger than average?\ attached is the type of nose I am after, and the nose I want.. Much appreciated! thank you for your time!!

Rhinoplasty

+3

Rhinoplasty can be used to change the size and shape of a nose improving both the way that it looks and functions.  Creating small, button noses similar to the one in the photograph is certainly something that can be accomplished with cosmetic nasal surgery.  That being said, creating a disproportionately small nose like the one in the image is not something that I would recommend. 

Removing too much nasal cartilage can many times lead to "pinched" nasal tips and unfavorable results.  A narrow bridge (like the one in the photograph) may also lead to nasal obstruction and difficulty breathing through the nose. 

I think a better strategy would be to recountour your nasal bones and cartilages to create a more elegant appearance.  Your nose can be reshaped and brought into balance with the rest of your features without risking nasal obstructions or over-resections. 

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Button Nose

+2

The term "button" means different things to different people, but you do want a smaller more refined nose as you show in the image presented. Your goals are reasonable, but it is important for you to select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to achieve the best results.

Rhinoplasty is highy individualized procedure

+2

I often have patients come into my office for consultation with pictures of models and actresses whose noses they admire. I actually encourage this becasue it allows me to explain how a aesthetically pleasing nose is really not a prominent feature of a beautiful face. The nose should be a bystandard, thus allowing the lips, cheeks and eyes to truly express beauty. Rarely do people ever stop and admire another's nose except if that person is a rhinoplasty surgeon, or a patient desiring cosmetic improvement. The ideal nose is one that suits the whole face and body. This is what makes the operation both challenging and rewarding. Unlike other procedures which have a rather "cookie-cutter" operative steps, the rhinoplasty operation truly demands an artistic touch and expertise in analyzing the nose for both its strengths and flaws. Good luck with the consultation- Dr. Zuliani

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can surgeons create a small button nose?

+2

Yes, surgeons can create a small button nose, but the question is, is that right for you? How often do you see a beautiful dress on a model in a photo layout and then when you go to the store and try it on for yourself and look in the mirror see that it just doesn't work for you. In rhinoplasty the "try on" phase occurs during your consultation and preferably with computer imaging so you can see how the change you are asking for will truly appear on your face. From that you and your surgeon can go forward to plan on a goal that will maximize your facial potential. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results are not limitless and the possibilities need to be understood by the patient.

+2

Your visit with potential surgeons is critical.  Rhinoplasty is a very complicated endeavor, easy to complete but difficult to get consistently predictable results.  Your surgeon can explain it to you and let you know if your expectations are unrealisitc.  I like to use video imaging to educate the patient.

Button nose

+2

The old way of doing rhinoplasty produced the "button nose" but caused patients in many cases to have a functional breathing problem.  The nose should fit the face.  Go for a consult with a rhinoplaty specialist.

Rhinoplasty will reshape your nose

+2

Your nose can be reshaped to get closer to your desired look.  You will need some photos of what you desire and the plastic surgeon can look at your nose and see what is possible.  The existing cartilage and bone will be reshaped to get the look that you want.  Make sure to have realistic expectations and have an honest discussion with your board certified plastic surgeon to get the best possible result.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+2

A board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon can improve your nasal aesthetics close to what you desire.  It is unlikely that you would look exactly like a photograph.  However, using photographs in consultation with your surgeon can be a good springboard for determining what is best for you.  The surgeon has to work with your unique anatomy and also make sure that the nose "fits" your face.  Also, over-reducing the nasal skeleton is a common reason patients come to me for revision.  Nonetheless, having a thin sculpted button tip is possible.  Having a computer generated before and after is often useful.

Good luck.

David Alessi, MD

"Button" Nose Can Be Created By Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

"Button nose" can be created by surgeons certainly. 

However, every patient perceives the "button nose" differently and what a given patient wants may be surgically feasible but aesthetically without a "natural look" hence not fitting given facial features.

With that perspective, it is not possible to plan a surgery or recommend it without a physical examination during an in-person evaluation to be able to provide you with the best-fit surgical plan that will complement your "petite" facial features and reveal the best of your facial beauty.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Can Rhinoplastic Surgeons Create a Small 'Button' Nose?

+1

Many things can be done, during Rhinoplasty, to aesthetically improve the appearance of the nasal tip.  What's done depends on the shape, size, and symmetry of the existing tip cartilages as well as the thickness of the overlting skin.  Better, clearer, photos of the nose from front, profile and base views would be required for further analysis.  

IMHO, your best bet is to find several Rhinoplasty Surgeons that understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face...and have consultations.