Rhinopalsty Scar Tissue?

6 weeks post revisison rhinoplasty. When the cast came off the nose looked perfect but getting scar tissue build up to the left / right of the previous dorsal hump. I had scar tissue the first time ,it was scrapped out again on revision. What is/are what is the ideal way(s ) to prevent scar tissue other than taping(which I do )? R steroid injections usefull , is there an ideal time to have it done 2 ,4 ,6 months ? Can theses injections cause problems and are they expensive to have done?

Steroid Injections after Revision

+1

Some surgeons advocate steroid injections, but this may thin skin and create a more significant problem.  I do not typically use them.

Steroid injections and scar tissue

+1

I do not commonly use steroids for nasal swelling or presumed scar tissue. It is difficult for me to predict what would be best for you without an exam.

Scar tissue post rhinoplasty

+1

I do use steroid  injections in selected rhinoplasty patients to try and help with scar tissue and thick skin. Every doctor has their own regimen and timing and there is no "right way or dosing formula". I'll use them at 2 weeks, 4 weeks and sometimes 8 weeks at the most. (Most patients only get one injection). I don't charge extra for this treatment.  You need to talk to your surgeon about whether he/she thinks they are appropriate for you and follow their advice. Good luck.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon