I Had a Rhino 9 Weeks Ago Around 6 Weeks I Noticed a Lump?

on the right side of my bridge. in person, not too noticeable unless i point it out. when i push down on it, it completely goes away. is it too soon for me to be concerned about this? if it turns out to not be swelling what else can it be? it is higher up on the bridge. i had no grafts put in there. i had a slightly deviated septum that was corrected also. i did not have a bump pre op, my bridge was thin but i had a weak tip which is mainly where the work was done. what can the lump be?

Lump After A Rhinopalsty

+1

Dear Marmar84,

It is too early to asses the end results of your surgery. However, is it your surgeon who confirmed that it is not a swelling?

I believe that it could be a scar tissue in development but without physical examination, I cannot be definitive.

I believe that your surgeon will instruct you to gently massage it for better results; so, I recommend that you communicate with him/her.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

As long as you have not had any grafts placed, the bump is likely early scar tissue.  At nine weeks, gentle massage will often help.  In the big picture, it is much too early to be worried.  Rhinoplasty is often considered the most difficult facial cosmetic procedure because the changes that are made at the time of surgery are not fully appreciated for 9-12 months after.

Jarrod Little, MD

Lump after rhinoplasty

+1

A lump that is reducible with pressure after a rhinoplasty, may represent swelling, but it is hard to say without an exam.. Best to be followed closely by your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty swelling.

+1

It takes 6-12 months for the swelling to go away.  It is too soon to make any judgement about your nose. 

Lumps & Bumps

+1

Your nose will change over the next twelve months.  Hopefully, a lot of your initial issues will be mitigated by TIME.  After a year, let's talk again!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump on the bridge 9 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

There are many things this lump could be: swelling, small collection, cartilage irregularity, etc. The pictures would help.  If there is no signs of infection, such as pain, redness, or fever I suggest you wait and see what happens with this area. 9 weeks out of surgery is a very short time, and you still have a good amount of healing to do.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD