Hit in the Nose 1 Week After Rhinoplasty, Will I Have a Permanent Bump?

my daughter just hit bridgr of my nose with plastic stick quite hard. am worried will give me a permanant bump.

Hit in the Nose with a Stick 1 Week after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hopefully the bump is due to temporary swelling and you've done no permanent harm. Time will tell, but in the interim contact your surgeon.

Trauma to Nose One Week after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi, I am sorry.

Usually very significant trauma can cause swelling over the bone of dorsum and deposition of a new bone.

Please wait as time will tell if this would happen.

Apply ice and if there is bleeding see a physician. Call your plastic surgeon and see him.

Obviously this is a simplified answer and will vary from case to case. Your nose needs to be evaluated.

Hope this was helpful.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS