Rhino. Suggestions Please.

Hello, I have a very prominent hump and the upper part of my nose, in front of my eyes, comes strongly forward. Also, the tip of my nose is wide, and underprojects a bit, do you think narrowing the tip will gain a little bit more foward projection? Also, would my case require a lot of work as far as grafts, etc. go? Judging from my photos would you start removing from the upper part of my nose, in front my eyes where it comes foward? Or would there be a different approach. Thanks much!

Good rhinoplasty candidate

+1

You are a good rhinoplasty candidate and the results can be similar/better than what you have simulated

Complex nose

+1

First accept that this is a complex rhinoplasty problem and needs to be done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. To start with the tip needs to be properly projected, this involves cartilage maneuvers to thin the tip and elevate the domes, and must also use a columella strut to support and project the tip. After this it is no problem to remove the hump properly to match the tip and complete the rhinoplasty

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty suggestions

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and from your photos, the nose appears to have a large dorsal hump that's both bone and cartilage.  The tip is a nice shape and is rotated at the proper aesthetic angle.  Medial and lateral osteotomies would remove the dorsal hump and IMHO, there's no need for grafts, struts or other support materials in your particular case.  Hope this helps and good luck.

Rhinoplasty expectations

+1

The pictures you have provided including the corrected images show reasonable results that can be obtained. The best correction for your nose is a combination of techniques including lowering the dorsum, projecting the tip and downsizing the radix. A thorough consultation with the appropriate surgeon will help you explain the techniques to achieve your goals.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

You are a good candidate for rhinoplasty

+1
You will get a great result if done right. You will need reduction rhinoplasty and tip refinement. I would recommend you to get multiple consultation with plastic surgeons and ask to see pictures. You can check my web site, I have few patients similar to your nasal shape.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty planning

+1

Patients such as yourself with such a significant amount of improvement available are generally the most satisfied with surgery.  Specific surgical planning should be done in consultation with your surgeon -- be sure to bring in your modified photos.

Narrowing the tip will not generally increase projection, and cannot be evaluated without seeing a photo from the front.  Tip support is routinely addressed during your surgery, and should not be considered "a lot of work".

But it looks to me that you would be a great candidate for rhinoplasty.

James Nachbar, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty could give you the look you want, but do not assume the photoshop result will match your final result exactly.  Without seeing other views it is difficult to say what the tip needs.

Suggestions for Rhinoplasty

+1

Your photoshop results, which are a reasonable goal, show you have excellent aesthetic taste. The hump should be removed and the radix (at the top of your bridge between your eyes) should also be reduced. I cannot comment on your tip without a frontal view, but I suspect a small tip graft may be necessary to achieve the ideal projection and definition.

A consultation is critical when thinking about rhinoplasty.

+1

The best means of obtaining an answer to your questions is through a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon.  During the consultation, you will have an opportunity to discuss the features of your nose that you'd like to change.  Your surgeon will have the opportunity to examine your nose.  You can then work together to develop a realistic and attainable surgical plan.

Based on your photos, you're absolutely correct in describing a prominent radix - the area at the top of your nose just in-front of your eyes.  You also have a dorsal hump.  Both of these can be corrected - and would be considered routine procedures for a rhinoplasty surgeon.  Your nasal tip projection and rotation appear to be quite reasonable, but of course I would have to examine you and/or assess standard rhinoplasty views to give you a more insightful opinion.  Furthermore, to discuss the width of your nasal tip, I would have to see your face on frontal view.  

Your modified profile images appear to be reasonable goals.  A thorough consultation would be the best means of discussing approaches and the need for grafting as each surgeon differs in their techniques.  

Michael G. Brandt, MD (retired)
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon