I had a rhino/septoplasty 2 1/2 weeks ago with minimal fat transfer to cheeks. What can I do to reduce bruising/swelling?

I had a septo/rhinoplasty 2 1/2 weeks ago and small amount of fat transferred to my cheeks. I had an open rhinoplasty and my nose was broker during the procedure along with a graft around my nostrils. I still have very deep bruising under my eyes and my nose is extremely swollen still, especially my tip. Is there anything I can do to improve the bruising and swelling at this point? Could the bruising be staining?

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Lucy, thank you for your question. It may take several months for swelling to subside after rhinoplasty. Here in San Diego, we follow our patients for one year to follow their healing. Consider following up with your surgeon to monitor your progress and see if any intervention is necessary. Rarely a second opinion may be in order. Best of Luck.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
the bruising are normal after some kind of surgery and usually tend to desappear before 2 or 3 weeks,there some medications that might help in this condition, but It is advisable to contact your plastic surgeon about your concern and follow their recomendations

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD