Would Like Revision Rhino to Get My Old Nose Back, Is This Possible? (photo)

I had a closed rhino for a small dorsal bump but the Dr. also wanted to round out my tip, I wish I did not let him, it looks bulbous now! He said he did not use implants, but "splayed my cartilage out" into a rounded appearance. I am doubtful because it feels hard, like there are implants in it. Is there a way to tell for sure during an exam? Would one be harder to correct than the other? My doc won't revise because he loves the result. I want to revise back to my old tip, using closed method.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Your tip looks bulbous now because shadows have been created on either side of the tip.  The tip width is actually probably fine, but the tip is "set off" from the notrils and now looks bulbous.  This can be corrected usually by supporting the nostril rim as it extends out from the tip.  It's always hard when the surgeon does not agree with the patient in terms of aeshtetic goals or ideals.  Remember, however, that "the customer is always right".  Get a second opinion from a revision rhinoplasty specialist.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.matthewbridgesmd.com

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Goal is Pre-op Appearance with Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

It sounds like you need to consult with a revision rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your criticisms and determine what can be achieved with a revision. You do not mention when your nose was done; remember that your nose , especially the tip, will continue to change for a year after the surgery.

Revision rhinoplasty.

+1

Thank you for the question. You have a pinched tip which result from excess cartilage removal and tip suture technique. You need a revision rhinoplasty. This is best done near after this surgery tallow for all the swelling and scarring to subside.

Bulbous Tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Problem with close technique is it does not allow the surgeon the freedom to refine the tip as does the open technique. Revision surgery needs to be done in open fashion in order to apply many techniques available to your surgeon to correct the problems. Certainly, your tip can be more refined but your wide nasal base have to be addressed as it makes your tip more bulbous.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I get my old nose back?

+1

You have what is called a pinched tip. It is as if you pinched your tip with your fingers and gives a break in the alar rim. It makes your tip appear bulbous. I have presented lectures on repairing this defect and have done over 100 sucessfully..See my website rhinoplasty revisions pinched tip. Im only up the road from you.

Would Like Revision Rhino to Get My Old Nose Back, Is This Possible?

+1

Your nasal tip is wider post Rhinoplasty but if this is within a year of the surgery, it may still be swollen.  Technically, there is no way to splay the tip cartilages outward as scarring would just bring them back together....something has to be placed between the two sides, of the nasal tip, to keep them apart making them appear broad and wider.  Ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon exactly how he widened your tip...this will become very important for the Revision Rhinoplasty plan on how to thin the nasal tip and will determine whether this can be done as an open or closed Tip-plasty.  As in all plastic and cosmetic procedures, the proper aesthetic judgment is the primary reason for selecting a specific plastic and cosmetic surgeon.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Deepening of the creases next to the tip of the nose can make the tip look wider and nostrils appear to flare

+1

Sometimes there is an optical illusion following rhinoplasty. Reducing the volume of the rip cartilages causes deepening of what are called the alar creases. The tip then appears larger and the nostrils look "stuck-on." The way this is corrected is to use grafts of your own cartilage to restore strength to the nostril (lower lateral) cartilages. Then the tip can be made as small as desired without compromising support or breathing.

Web reference: http://revisionrhinoplastyny.com