Rhino/lip Even out Facial Features? (photo)

i like the basic shape of my nose its just way to wide id like it to be alot thinner also i was looking into gtting the bridge of my nose straitened out.i have extra skin around my eyes that pulls down from my nose.1.will rhino fix this skin issue bc it makes my eyes look extreemly uneven.i hate my mouth to nose ratio 2.will rhino fix that, would you even recomend tht procediure on my face.3 what els would help even out my face. one side is a lot fater then the other,i dnt like the thiner side

Rhinoplasty to even out facial features

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves shaving a small hump down across the bridge line and then osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones. The osteotomies will also straighten any crookedness or asymmetries that are present.  An alarplasty will narrow the nostrils at the base of the nose so that the nose does not appear so bottom heavy and additional tip surgery can be performed depending upon the patient’s needs.  When this procedure is performed properly, the nose should not look “done”.

Rhinoplasty and facial asymmetry

+1

From the photos you provided, it appears your nose would be improved by a rhinoplasty.  I would narrow the nasal bones and the nostrils giving your nose a more refined appearance.  I cannot tell from your photos if the other features of your face are asymmetrical.  However, facial asymmetry is extremely common. Trying to correct natural asymmetry in your facial structures can often be difficult. I do not see the issue with your eyes being a problem at all and feel that just the rhinoplasty would give you significant improvement in your appearance. Best of luck.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Asymetry is the norm, perfect symetry is the exeption. Before you can decide what to do you need to find wether the asymetry is from the soft tissue alone or from the skeleton below. Careful assessement will help you decide if you need to change anything. Good luckl.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

Complete Facial Analysis Needed

+1

The best way to answer your questions is to send in some good front, side and three-quarter views of your face for an overall assessment. Rhinoplasty may likely be helpful for reshaping your nose but will not fix the extra skin issue around your eyes. Whether that will influence favorably your concerns about the nose-mouth ratio is best determined by doing some computer imaging and see how those changes make your face look around it.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Even out facial features w/ Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your questions!

You are really going to need some 1 on 1 time with a surgeon.

Find a doc that specializes in noses and set up a consultation.

Before you go in, start looking through magazines and see if you can find some examples of noses that you find attractive. (movie stars, entertainers etc....)

This will be very helpful during the consultation process.

Also ask to speak and visit with patients that have had work done with whatever practice you end up choosing.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Facial Features

+1

Your nose can be straightened and narrowed including the tip, the hump removed, and the tip refined.  It is difficult to see the asymmetry in the pictures submitted  but some degree of facial asymmetry is normal in everyone. My website describes how to take pictures which you can then send to us so we can answer your other questions..

Video imaging is the best way for the doctor and patient to communicate about rhinoplasty.

+1

Your description is very complicated.  I think a visit to a plastic surgeon who does a lot of nasal surgery would be helpful provided video imaging is used to make sure that you and the surgeon share the same goal.

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose.

+1

African American rhinoplasty will accomplish your goals and make your eyes look softer--not even.  You have a great smile--leave the rest of your face alone.