Rhino and Septo Plasty and Crackling Sound?

I had a rhino and septo plasty 9 days ago, the cast and splits were removed 2 days ago, i still have swelling, when i lightly touch the side where the bone fragments and septo was repaired, i hear slight crackling. i am scared, what is this, is it normal?

Don't step on supermans cape

+1

Don't touch your nose immediately after surgery. The grafts and bones are settling. You wll hear cracks from the bones and grafts.Relax and "smell the roses"

Cracking noise after rhino

+1

Early motion after  a rhinoplasty is possibly lose grafts that you are palpating. I would not push on too much at this point.  Check with your surgeon if concerned.

Cracking sound after septo/rhino

+1

This could be movement of cartilage grafts.  I would not be moving the nose at this early date.  Have your surgeon evaluate you.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Cracking sound after rhinoplasty

+1

Early on there can be subtle movement of the nasal bones if you push, and our advice is to stop and give things more time to set. Keep glasses and pressure off and ask your surgeon if tape might be helpful to support the area for an additional week.