Rhino 14 Days Ago - What Is This Yellow Tinge Around my Eyes and Forehead?

Is It Part of the Healing Process? 

Yellow Eyes and Forehead after Rhinoplasty

+1

The normal  yellow color your seeing is caused by the breakdown of blood in the skin secondary to bleeding during rhinoplasty your rhinoplasty 14 days ago. This will pass - right now it is your badge of courage.

The yellow tinge around my eyes after Rhinoplasty

+1

The yellowish color is very common and is will disappear .

It happens as the bruising subsides.

Not to worry.

Burr Von Maur, MD

Rhinoplasty bruising

+1

The yellow color you see is most likely a result of bruising following the procedure. The hemoglobin is broken down in the skin, which causes the yellow color. This should fade pretty rapidly.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yellow discoloration after surgery

+1

The yellow discoloration on skin after any surgery is the last stage of bruising process. Please be patience and give it a few more days for discoloration to resolve. Good luck and good healing.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Yellow tinge after rhinoplasty

+1

I am assuming that a yellow tinge that you are seeing is probably resolving bruising but without seeing you I can not be sure.

Yellow tinge to face, forehead and eyes after nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

This is commonly the end stage of bruising. In rare instances it can be jaundice but I would doublt this. In any event confirm this with your surgeon. In most instances, it resolves by 3-4 weeks.

Yellow Tinge Around Eyes 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

hHi Rock,

The yellow tinge that you are experiencing is from the breakdown of hemoglobulin in red blood cells.  It is a normal healing pattern after bruising.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Yellow Tinge

+1

Most likely it is your bruising that is evolving/resolving. Usually when you have surgery that causes some eccymosis aka brusing, the color goes through a transition from  a purple/black hue to a redish brownish color, then to a greenish and finally a yellowish tinge. It's also possible that if Betadine was used to prep your face for surgery, it could be the the dye from the betadine that is giving you the yellowish tinge. In either case, if you can be just a little more patient, I'm sure the color will resolve. hope that helps

George Min, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty postop course

+1

A yellow tinge around the eyes and forehead is probably  a residual of some bleeding that happens with rhinoplasty.  IT should improve in the next couple of  weeks and be gone soon. Keep your doctor posted.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon