Rhinoplasty/lips

will a columella strut taken from my rib (ear unsuccessful from previous surgery) be able to "lift and elevate" my lips at the same time to reveal more teeth?. or even just elevate it?. its because ive noticed ever since i had many rhinoplasties my lip seems to have lowered. and if this elevation is possible will it last? or what can i suggest to my doctor as he is a rhino specialist only.

Lip lift

+2

Rhinoplasty alone will not lift a long lip although rarely it can give the illusion of a slightly shorter lip.  There are more effective lip lifting options - such as a sub-nasal lip lift

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/lip_augmentation.php

Lip lift from columellar strut

+1

I have perofmed Rhinoiplasty and revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, there's no way a columellar strut of any kind will lift your upper lip.  Pictures of your nose and lip would help in the evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Collumela atrut

+1

Columella strut will supper tip Unlikely to alter lip position relative to teeth. When I have patients interested in changif position of lipe relative to teeth I address the lip directly by filling it if it is flat or lifting it I'd it is long or both of needed

Columellar strut for lips?

+1

strut is for the tip only. your lip lengthening may be secondary to resection of a muscle at the base of the nose whose job is to elevate the lip. when it works too well, we'll cut it to improve a gummy smile and an annoying horizontal line above the lip when you smile. to fix it lip fillers may be all that is needed. lips lifts are rarely necessary except in older >60 pts.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Columella strut

+1

A columella strut helps to support the nasal tip.  It has very little to no impact on the upper lip.  To have more tooth show may require other things but needs to be evaluated.

Columella Strut

+1

Hi, usually a columella strut graft will only have an effect onto your nasal tip. if your tip will be more rotatated it may have a minimal effect onto your upper lip. you should discuss your questions and exspectations with your plastic surgeon. good luck

Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon