Is Revsional Hairline Browlift Safe?

I had a hairline browlift and upper and lower eyelid surgery. The browlift fell within a few wks. Is it safe to have revisonal forehead lift on the side that dropped and what are the risks. My eye does not look like it has been lifted and I am concerned but I do not want to damage the muscles or nerves. It has been a year since the surgery. What would you suggest to do to make the eye look better and what is safe? Thank You

Revision of hairline brow lift

+1

There should be no added risk (any more than your first brow lift) to revise the procedure.  Failure to get a complete release of the  is the most common cause of a less than ideal outcome.

Revisional Browlift

+1

Revisional browlift procedure carries the same risk profile as primary browlift with the exception that the scar tissue formation and healing process may be a bit more unpredictable.  I would make sure that you discuss in detail your aesthetic goals with your facial plastic surgeon and may consider having a less invasive option such as endosopic browlift procedure.  Finally, you should at least consult about Ultherapy (Ulthera) which is a non-surgical browlifting option.  This has been a nice option for patients who have had a browlift but desire an additional elevation without undergoing revisional surgery.  It uses ultrasound technology that was developed at Harvard Medical School.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Revision hairline browlift

+1
A revision hairline browlift surgery is safe and should not increase any of the normal risks and complications as a primary. It is important with browlift surgery to be done properly to ensure long lasting results. To achieve this you must undermine and anchor the brow properly which should give you a natural youthful appearance and not pulled where just the brows are raised. The brows should settle in their pre aging position. If you look on my website you will see many before and after photographs that show how a successful browlift should appear. It is a surgery with extremely high patient satisfaction. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Revisional Browlift Pretty Safe After a Year.

+1

Without photos, its difficult to give you a specific answer, however, as a general rule open browlifts can be re-done safely. The risks are essentially the same as on the first lift, ie scarring, nerve injury, asymmetry, and incomplete correction. Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon