Do I Have Realistic Expectations For Revision Augmentation Rhinoplasty?

I had augmentation rhinoplasty on my nose in general. Its been 7 months post opp, My PS has agreed to perform the revision.He's going to use an ear cartledge graft, is this a good choice? Also is it possible to raise the dorsum and increase the width of my bridge and tip ( one nostral is a little larger than the other) with rhinoplasty? I feel I want a more masculine nose astheticaly? Are these realsitic expectaions? Thankyou

Without seeing photos, of your nose and examples of what you're hoping to achieve with the Revision Rhinoplasty, honestly there's just no way to tell.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Without a photo it is impossible to comment on the specifics of your case. Your expectation may be reasonable or totally unacceptable.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

680 N Lakeshore Drive
Chicago, IL 60611

Dorsal Augmentation

Depending on how much augmentation is needed, cartilage may not be enough or have the right shape. You may want to consider a custom carved silicone implant to achieve appropriate dorsal height and width. You may also want to seek a second opinion if your surgeon didnt get it right the first time.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

44 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10021

Proper technique for revision rhinoplasty

Revision rhinoplasty is among the most challenging of all plastic surgery operations.  The best person to perform this, unless there are compelling reasons to the contrary, is the original operating surgeon.

Ear cartilage, septal cartilage, and rib are all acceptable grafting materials.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

1208 East Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602

Expectations for revision rhinoplasty with ear cartilage

Ear cartilage can be a very good choice if additional cartilage is needed for augmenting your nose and there isn't enough septal cartilage left to remove. Without seeing your nose it's hard to comment in much more depth, though.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

1101 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104

Rhinoplasty revision

Gee, it is really difficult to answer this without more information.  If you need slightly more dorsal height, then an ear cartilage may do the trick. If you need several millimeters of heightt than rib cartilage may be a better choice.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Realistic goals for augmentation rhinoplasty?

The best way for you to answer this for yourself is to have a consult with your surgeon with computer imaging. this way you can see what the effect of different amounts of augmentation will have on your appearance. Once you decide on what you like and what will meet your expectation, then you and your surgeon can decide on the best way to get there i.e. ear or rib or septal cartilage or fascia grafts.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1515 North Flagler Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Realistic Expectations for Revision Augmentation Rhinoplasty

Without pictures I will tell you that your goals and the technique using cartilage grafts you describe are reasonable when you have the surgery performed by an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. An augmentation rhinoplasty is beneficial if your nose is done so it is proportional to the surrounding facial features. Make sure you clearly understand and agree with the proposed changes.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210