A Revison is in Order? 2 Mos Post Op Breast Lift with Implants, Looks Terrible! (photo)

I had a breast lift with implants two months ago. I told my ps I wanted to be perky more than anything and did not want to go much larger and definitely not smaller. He recommended a small impant with lift to keep the volume. I had a slight assymetry in the right breast so he did 180cc in the right and 200cc in the left. Now I am much larger in the left breast and it doesn't even look like I had a lift. Saggy lopsided breasts is what I am left with. I am so depressed and humilated.

Breast Augment

+1

Surgery is not a perfect science, best to wait for things to settle than seek a few opinions, try to keep your spirits up

Unhappy with #BreastLift Results

+1

From your photos, it appears that you could be more elevated with respect to the nipple position etc. However, without pre-op photos it is very difficult to determine. Your result is not "terrible," however, it is likely that you could have a secondary tightening to improve the overall result. Discuss this with your surgeon at your next office visit. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

A Revison is in Order? 2 Mos Post Op Breast Lift with Implants, Looks Terrible!

+1

Posted photos are grainy. Did you have a lift? I see no scars. Best to obtain second opinions in person. And plan revision after 3 to 6 months. 

Breast lift and implants

+1

It is always good to have good pre-op photos to compare to the post-ops.  I am sorry that you are not happy. If you need a revision it is best to wait a few more months for things to heal well and for the swelling to go down completely.

Unhappy lift

+1

Without reviewing the procedure note and examining you, it is difficult to tell what type of lift was performed on you.  I would wait a few more months, however, before trying to revise the breast lift.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Sagging Breasts After Breastlift: What to Do?

+1

Thank you for explaining your situation.

I see several potential problems which are making you unhappy.   First, the lift does not appear to have uplifted your breasts very much.  This is likely due to the significant amount of breast tissue which you have.    Second, the implants may need adjustment in position and size.

I would make an appointment and speak to your doctor.   Share your concerns with him/her.   Point out that the nipples are still on the low side and do not center on the fullness of the breast.    Point out any asymmetry that you see.

Also keep in mind that there are limitations to what can be done.   Minor asymmetries will always exist as breasts are never identical.  Maintain realistic expectations, yet ask your doctor what can be done to assist you in the upcoming months.  Most plastic surgeons will want you to wait between 3 and 6 months prior to revisional work.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Bresnick

Stephen Bresnick, MD