Should I get revisionary rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I had rhinoplasty done 3 years ago and I am unhappy with my result. The tip still looks swollen and I have trouble breathing. What should I do?

Should I get revisionary rhinoplasty

+1
Tip refinement can be performed in closed fashion so that you do not have any visible scars. The breathing issues can be addressed at the same time.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty combination

+1
 It is important  to examine of the internal portion of the nose to determine what is causing the breathing troubles. Turbinate hypertrophy, a deviated septum, valve collapse, allergies and chronic sinusitis can all cause breathing issues. Each one of these is treated differently by an ENT/ facial plastic surgeon.
The  revision rhinoplasty procedure  can address cosmetic improvement and refine the nasal tip cartilages. For  many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo Gallery

Tip cartilage orientation

+1
As others have pointed out, you clearly have "cephalically oriented" tip cartilages.  This means that the cartilage that extends from the tip and supports the area above the nostril rims is oriented vertically instead of more toward the outside corners of the eye.  There are surgical techniques used to correct this.  You should see a surgeon who understands this issue and knows how to correct it.  Further cartilage excision in your case would probably make this worse. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revsion

+1
Your tip is not swollen, you have vertically oriented tip cartilages. you need a revision to reorient them and shape your tip domes.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon