Revisional Rhinoplasty Cost Estimate?

My previous surgeon used up ear cartilage from my both ear and also a bit of septal cartilage. The surgery result was good one month after operation. However, now my nose tip seemed to be undefined and rounded.

I am considering a Revision Rhinoplasty to make my nose tip more defined. And I am not happy with the height of my nose bridge. I wish to make it a bit taller than now. How much would such Revisional Rhinoplasty cost?

Cost of Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Without seeing you or detailed photos of your nose and having a history of what was done to your nose during your first Rhinoplasty...I would have no clue what I'd need to do in a revision Rhinoplasty and as such, my consultant would have no idea what to charge.  You most likely need to have a few consultations with experienced Rhinoplasty surgeons and get some fee quotes after your nose is examined.

Cost of revision rhinoplasty varies with the revision rhinoplasty.

+1

However one thing is clear, it always always costs more than a primary rhinoplasty. The exception is when the revision is by the initial surgeon or the revision is really a 'touch up' minor revision. For example the initial surgeon may wave his fee but you will be required to pay for the facility fee and anesthesia service. Revision surgery is harder and more difficult than primary surgery, hence the increased costs.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm not saying cost is a minor consideration, but most important is selecting a surgeon who does a lot of this work. You do not want to make things worse. Cost will vary tremendously depending on what will be done. Get consultations from several surgeons. Hopefully it will be possible for you to make the desired corrections.

Revision Rhinoplasty Costs

+1

The cost of revision rhinoplasty can vary significantly depending on what needs to be done to correct the problems with the nose. If you are seeking a complete "re-do" by another surgeon, the cost can range from $6,000 to $25,000. With major structural deformities, cartilage grafts are required to rebuild the nasal framework. Septal cartilage, while the preferred source of cartilage grafts, has usually been depleted during the first operation. Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeons then have to "borrow" cartilage from another part of the body - such as the ear or rib. This increases the operative time and cost.

Sometimes a revision is a minor undertaking and can be accomplished in the office with local anesthetic. Most surgeons will correct imperfections that weren't adequatelty addressed or arose from the original surgery for their own patients at no additional charge. This is something that varies from practice to practice.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon