Post-op Mastopexy and Augmentation: Do I Need a Revision? (Photo)

I had a breast mastopexy and augmentation 8 months ago. 375cc, silicon, HP round implants under the muscle. I was hoping for a round, perky breast but they both look too saggy. On one hand they look too saggy but on the other hand they look like they didn't drop all the way because I still have this "humpy" shape on the top. I would like to hear what do you think. Did they settle all the way? Do I need a lift revision or maybe a pocket correction? Thank you.

Lift and Implants

+2
Thank you for the question. I'm sorry to read that you got results you aren't happy with. I think you're on the right track in considering revision surgery. You may need an open capsulotomy of the lower quadrants of the implant pocket, with or without revision of the mastopexy and nipple position. Given the complex nature of a breast lift combined with augmentation, however, you should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in breast augmentation revision procedures. He or she will be better able to find the source of the problems and repair them for a better shape. Good luck.

Revision After Augmentation Mastopexy

+2
Thank you for posting your question. 
Your implants are sitting high, with more tissue "falling" off of the implant. The implants will not settle and I would suggest a revision. This may as easy as changing to dual plane pocket and further contouring of the soft tissue envelope. I would suggest waiting a full year so as not to jeopardize the blood supple to the nipple.

Matthew Becker, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy implant

+2
One stage mastopexy implant is a complex operation and the final results need to be compared to your initial preop photos. In mastopexy implant one must be careful not to put tension on the nipple areola complex to prevent the disaster of nipple nipple areolar necrosis. Overall I would suggest that you have a reasonable result.
With time all breast tissue will drop and it looks like your breast tissue is dropping over the implant. The HP size is giving the humpy shape at the top and the implant may have also moved up at the same time as the breast tissue dropping.
In determining whether you need a revision you need to decide the time frame for this bearing in mind that the FDA figures for breast augmentation revision quote around a 50% revision rate within 10 years.
I would consult with your PS again. There are options to improve the result but you would need to have this discussion with your preop photos in order to determine whether what you wish to achieve is achievable.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a revision after breast augmentation with lift?

+2
It is difficult to answer your question without knowing how the breast augmentation/lift was performed and without examining you in person. It is not likely that implants will settle down further after 8 months of surgery.  You may need release of capsule and muscle inferiorly vs. revision lift.  You should follow up with your plastic surgeon so that he/she can examine you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+2
Without knowing all the details of your surgery, I would wait 12 months before considering a revision if you are still unhappy.  It appears that the right areola has widened and the implant has not dropped fully.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a revision?

+2
I wouldn't expect the implants to move downward any further after 8 months. You may well benefit from a revision at this point. It's not possible to determine exactly whats needed without an examination. It would be important to lower the implants within their pockets by releasing the lower aspect of the capsule and releasing the inferior pectoralis muscle fibers if needed. After doing that, you may or may not need a revision of the mastopexy also.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

+2
Your implants look like HPs and seem to have fully healed in position at this point. They are intended to be a little "humpy" as you termed it. The reason this is more noticeable is that your breasts are still falling off the implants. The breast lift you had done could be revised to raise the breasts a bit higher as they are still a little droopy off the end of the implants.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Post mastopexy revision

+1
Your question is a good one but without seeing your preop photos it is difficult to tell if what was done was the right procedure for you.  From your photos you appear to have high riding implants and at 8 months it is very unlikely they will settle more.  You may have the capsules which maybe causing the problem or your implants are not the proper size or style.  You need to see your PS and discuss the best options for you but I feel that your problem can be resolved but you may need a lift.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Post-op Mastopexy and Augmentation: Do I Need a Revision?

+1
Posted before photos would help. But it appears as a very conservative lifting operation. This can be revised or repearted to obtain a higher lifted N/A result. 

Breast aug-lift revision

+1
I notice little extra skin, but also, you could have grade II capsular contracture if you feel your breasts hard. 
I would recommend lollipop pattern revision to address the extra skin, and if the capsular contracture is present it could be fixed at the same time. 

Carlos Castaneda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon