I went in with severe asymmetry and still asymmetric?

Hi , I went in with severe asymmetry . And I came out still asymmetric . I am 2 1/2 months post op and length wise they are the same height , but the left one is full and the right is not . The right is semi flattened and does fill out on the side as the other one does .

Asymmetry before and after

+2

It is very difficult to give you any meaningful advise without photos from before and after your surgery. You stated you had "severe" asymmetry, but don't use that word now. Is the asymmetry better??

I would suggest talking with your plastic surgeon.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Post op asymmetry

+1

It is really too soon post-op to assess a final outcome. As hard as it is, please be patient and let the swelling resolve and the implants drop. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Severe asymmetry and still asymmetric after breast augmentation?

+1

I am sorry to hear about it concerns but without physical examination or viewing pictures, it is not possible to provide you with any type of specific advice. Your plastic surgeon, or second opinion consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area, will be your best resource when it comes to accurate/specific advice.

Generally speaking, given that you started out with “severe asymmetry”, some degree of breast asymmetry postoperatively is to be expected. Whether your asymmetry is related to a complication, and/or can be improved upon, will depend upon your physical examination.

Breast Implants

+1

It is important to determine if you have had a deflation (if your implants are saline). Otherwise I tell patients we can improve asymmetry but never achieve perfect symmetry

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC