Will I Need to Do a Revision? (photo)

I had my rhinoplasty almost 8 months ago because i had a big nose and it had a box kinda a shape and my doctor did not break my bone he only cut the cartilage and he reshape my nose.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

How much nasal tip swelling do you have? Does it still feel hard or firm? The tip does still look wide. What was done during the first surgery to narrow the tip?

Have you had an injection of Kenalog?

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will I Need to Do a Revision?

+1

As a guess yes you need full revision rhinoplasty open technique with nasal bone fractures and redefine of tip. 

Will I Need to Do a Revision?

+1

At this point after rhinoplasty, the tip swelling may still be a factor.  I would follow with your surgeon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

You did not say how long ago you had your nasal surgery. I would wait a full year for all swelling to go down before considering a revision.

Revision Rhinoplasty would only be necessary if you feel your tip is too wide after one year from your date of surgery.

+1

You appear to have a nice result, and you are not describing dissatisfaction with your appearance. You may benefit from discussing your concerns with your surgeon, or obtaining a second opinion from another reputable rhinoplasty specialist.

I wish you well.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

You will need revision only if you are not happy. If you are happy with the improvement you received then leave it alone. Revision surgery is always harder than original surgery. Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

It all depends on what you would like to accomplish

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  If you would like an improved nasal shape there are options and that would require a revision.  A dorsal diced cartilage wrap to bring your bridge higher would be helpful as would refinement and support of the nasal tip.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Revision surgery?

+1

By eight months after surgery I like to see less fullness in the tip. Most of the swelling should be gone and the final appearance should be close. You still have a lot of fullness in the lower half of the nose. The bridge of your nose looks like it might be a bit low but it's hard to tell from the photos. I would suggest discussing your concerns with your surgeon. If you are still comfortable with your surgeon's comments and suggestions than stay the course. Otherwise you could get another opinion, but I would wait another 3-4 months before any further surgery. Goos luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD