I really feel like my crease is too big for my eye. Do I Need a Revision? (photo)

Just had asian eye lid surgery on 6/3/13. I know it's too soon to tell but I really feel like my crease is too big for my eye. The crease is right above my incision line which makes the left eye crease look bigger. My right eye seems to be healing fine. Are the creases too big for my asian eyes? is the red lines normal? I had slight potosis before surgery but now my eyes seem to be worse. I mentioned it to the surgeon and he said it doesn't matter????

Way too early to worry

+2

Asian blepharoplasty [eyelid crease surgery] can take several weeks to normalize and the eyelid creases ALWAYS look way too high early in surgery. I would recommend patience [at least 3 months] before worrying about revision surgery.

Redness is quite normal and can take 3 months or even longer to fully go away.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Transiently high crease after Asian blepharoplasty

+1

In the early post-operative period, the crease will always appear somewhat high because of swelling from the surgery.  As the swelling resolves your crease will settle into its final position (which may take up to 3-6 months depending on the technique used).  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Wait for it to completely heal

+1

This is a very common concern directly following a blepharoplasty. However, it is very important to wait for healing to occur before undergoing a revision. I would recommend waiting at least 2-3 months before making that decision. But in any case, it is always best to speak directly with your surgeon about any concerns you may have.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon