Revision? 9 Months Post Nose Surgery. (photo)

Hello, I had a nose surgery done 9 months ago. The swelling has gone down quite a bit since then, but more days then not it is still verry"big". The sides and tip of my nose are bigger then i'd like. The tip of my nose is also very rounded. How long should I wait before I get revision? This is a picture of my nose, and how it is looking now.

Rhinoplassty revision

+1

I would wait a full year if not more before committing to another rhinoplasty.  The tip may still be a bit swollen.

When should you look into revision rhinoplasty

+1
I agree that some minor points could be improved. I would wait a full year before going in any new consultations. Make sure your concerns are well addressed once you make it to a consultation, and bring your operative note from the first surgery with you.

Revison Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes at this point you are a candidate for a revsion rhinoplasty. Your tip is slightly bulbous and the bridge is wide as you noticed. I dont think that waiting will improve the look any.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com/rhinoplasty-surgery-complications.htm

Revision 9 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Nine months after surgery it would be appropriate to have your nose evaluated for a revision. You may not do anything now, but a rhinoplasty specialist will explain your alternatives after examining you. Your nose may improve with time as healing progresses.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Heidi, 

I would suggest waiting a full year before considering revision rhinoplasty. The tip area is the last area that the swelling dissipates from and may take an entire year to resolve. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and under direct examination he/she will know best where you are in your recovery phase and will discuss your prognosis. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com