Should I Consider a Revision? (photo)

I have a rhinoplasty 6 months ago, but my nose looks even more asymmetrical now and it is still very swollen. My surgeon says that this doesnt look normal and that it seems my nose would have been hit. However, I have taken care of it and I know nothing has hit it. What should I do? How long should I wait for a revision?

Should I Consider a Revision?

+2

The series of posted photos demonstrates an open roof deformity or a slide nasal bones or poor in fracturing. Best to be revised now. 

Revision Rhinoplasty Required

+1

Dear Alberto,

I am sorry for your unfortunate results. 

At 6 months post surgery, you are at about the minimum time required to undergo a corrective surgery. However, without physical examination it is hard to assess your recovery level attained.

Revision rhinoplasties are of a delicate nature usually.

That being said please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Is revision surgery necessary.

+1

A revision surgery is in order.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty is indicated

+1

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate result.  You are a candidate for a revision.  Consult with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons who excel in rhinoplasty revision to understand your treatment options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty is indicated with significant bony deformity

+1

Your photos are very helpful. They demonstrate significant bony distortion, and revision rhinoplasty with a rhinoplasty expert would generate significant improvement!

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

It doesnt look good I agree

+1

That is so unfortunate..The nasal bonesneed to be brought together. The tip has no real shape. Seek out a good revisionist. First talk to your doctor first and maybe he has an explanation what went wrong

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Should I Consider a Revision?

+1

It does appear that the nose has had an impact by the way the bend has increased and the nasal bones appear to be further distracted and wider than they were before the surgery.  If there hasn't been any contact, since your Rhinoplasty, then the nasal bones moved significantly on their own.  At 6 months post Rhinoplasty, you're able to have a Revision Rhinoplasty, the bones re-broken and this time you might want to sleep on an airline U-shaped pillow for several months after the Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes you can consider a rhinoplasty revision. It doesnt look like much was done. You can go for a rhinoplasty revision anytime. It appears that all of your swelling has subsided. I dont agree with waiting longer if you have major deformities. There is no reason to wait.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Based upon your photos, it look like you may need a revision. Unfortunately you will need to wait about a full year before the soft tissues are pliable enough.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Although it takes a full year for swelling to settle, I think it is fairly likely you will require a revision.  The width of your bony dorsum and the curvature of the dorsal septum will not improve to any great degree.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon