Can't Notice Any Change After my Third BA. What Should I Do?

Just had my 3 rd ba on 4/25/12 and I told the dr I wanted to be a dd from a small d. Well I am going on two weeks post op and I am still able to wear my old bra and not too mention no ONE single person knew I had this done. I went from 425 cc to 540cc . The dr said 600 was too much and were folding during surgery so I am wondering why he did not try 575 or even 580. I want him to add the difference now and don't feel I should be charged for this.... What to????

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
This is a hard situation, three surgeries for breast augmentation is a lot, I think you really need to think is there any size that will make you satisfied? I would ask you to wait a year with your current implants and see how you feel

Not big enough

+1

This is not uncommon.You may want 600 but I alwasy tell my patients it is the doctors decsion and you can';t put a gallon of milk in a quart container.To go from the size you were to 540 is a big change trust me.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Can't Notice Any Change Aftr Third B. Aug. What Shld I Do?Answr:

+1

If you still feel you are not big enough then 40cc (580cc) more would not have made a difference...You would have needed over 600 and your surgeon said that it simply would not have fit and must have felt it would lead to more complications...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Size After Third Breast Augmentation

+1

You are much too focused on bra cup sizes, cc's and the opinion of others.  You have now had 3 surgeries and you didn't mention the appearance of your breasts at all.  I think you really need to step back and ask yourself what is your goal, is it realistic and are you doing this for yourself or for the attention and approval of others?  If your surgeon felt that your anatomy did not allow for the placement of a larger implant then you should be thankful for his good judgement.  Adding an additional 40cc will make virtually no difference in the how your breasts look and, in my opinion, would not justify a return to the OR.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision surgery

+1

I always warn patients that cup size does not always correlate with the volume used for implants.  A greater than 100 cc difference should produce a noticeable change.  Talk it over with your surgeon.

Third breast augment

+1
An increase from 425 to 540 cc should produce a visible change in the appearance of the breasts. I would caution you against relying on what you say is that no one knew that you had undergone surgery. I find the patients frequently place much too much value in the verbalized opinions or failure or others to comment. Your security must come from within. You may well be able to wear the same bra but does it fit the same? If a 600 cc implant was too large, then I would doubt that the 575 would have fit. This may be based on your anatomic situation. Without knowing more, it is impossible to comment on your understanding with the doctor and who should be responsible for further surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD