Second Breast Implant Revision, and Right Breast is Distorted. What Can I Do? (photo)

I had a revision 3 mos ago from subglandular to submuscular with silicone implants. I also had a mastopexy 10 yrs ago. Despite the use of strattice bilaterally, my left implant transitioned back into the subglandular pocket & I am having surgery to correct it. My dr says the rt breast is normal for 3 mos post-op. It doesn't look normal & has muscular flexion distortion or something else. Can the rt breast improve with time or should it be corrected since I'm already going back to surgery?

Breast Augmentation Revisionary Options?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination, I would suggest that you be very careful about having anything done on the right side. Keep in mind, that some muscle distortion of the breast implant is likely to be present with sub muscular breast implants. If I were you, I would concentrate on revising the left breast implant pocket.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.

Distortion after augmentation revision

+1

Implants placed under the muscle are prone to distortion when the muscle flexes.  Unless the muscle is completely released in the lower pole there will always be shape change with pectoralis muscle contraction.

Daniel Greenwald, MD