Would a Breast Implant Revision Help Correct the Gap? (photo)

I am 6 feet tall, 170 lbs, 33 ribcage, 15 BWD, broad shoulders. Got 650 HP's and as you can see from the picture, the right is to low and the left is to high. Wondering what you suggest. 600 Mod Plus? 800 HP's? I like the projection, not the gap.

Breast augmentation revision issues

+1

My assessment based on the photo is similar to Dr. Marosan. The right breast is an essentially perfect result and the left is inadequately filled out in the lower pole which can be adjusted by opening the capsule on the lower left side even with the same implant. After adequate settling, a properly sized implant can be exchanged for a somewhat wider/taller one as the tissues will allow for this without stretching or distorting them or risking joining them (symmastia). This is usually about 1 1/2 cm of increased width (diameter). The forward projection can be expanded too but you are already in a high profile so there is no way to selectively expand the forward projection. I would stay with the same projection of implant and increase its width by about 1 1/2 cm with appropriate adjustment of the lower pole in the left and usually only minor expansion of the existing capsule space in a non contracted breast capsule. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes I think a breast augmentation revision may be helpful given the description of your body type,  viewing your pictures, and description of your goals. The use of a larger/ wider breast implant will  potentially be helpful  in improving the appearance of the cleavage area. If your breasts  implants move  to the side when you lay down,  lateral capsulorrhaphy may also be helpful.

You may want to visit with a  board certified plastic surgeon with extensive revisionary breast surgery experience.

Breast issues

+1

Some breast asymmetry is normal and like everyone else, you have it too. Wider implants may give more medial fullness, but these implants look ok.

Larger implants will not solve all asymmetry

+1

You have a large frame and the 650cc fits just fine, and if you do like the projection then the HP was the right choice. Though implants can be used to compensate for some volume asymmetry, and occasional breast envelope asymmetry, an implant alone may not always work. I think you had some difference in the breast envelope before your augmentation and ptosis of the nipple. A mastopexy on the lower side may be your solution.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Would larger implants create a closer cleavage?

+1

Thank you for the photo. The right implant is positioned correctly (nipple at most projecting part of breast), but the left one is higher. This could be because of malposition or capsular contracture. Obviously, I can't tell if your left breast feels firmer. Are your implants submuscular? If you go up to larger size implants, consider using Style 45, 800cc silicone gels (made by Allergan). You will get more projection, but you should not go to wider diameter implants. The pockets can be opened up medially, but one has to be careful not to create symmastia (uniboob). I would suggest liposuction of the axillary fat at the time of your revision. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon