Revision Worth It? Will This Increase Upper Pole Fullness and Projection?

I am 5 ft, 7 inches, 135 pounds - I currently have Mentor 450 cc's, HP silicone, Unders. I'm very unhappy with lack of projection and seriously considering a revision. I have been on several consults - one PS will go as high as 650 cc's, another 550 cc's. From reviewing the implant dimension charts most of what I will gain will be in diameter. Will that increase projection and upper pole fullness? And is it worth it to only go up 100 cc's - will I notice a change in size? Thank you!

Another option

You also might want to talk to a plastic surgeon who uses the Sientra implants as these may satisfy your desires.  It will add upper fullness, gives good projection and comes in an assortment of sizes and shapes.  Good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

1905 Clint Moore Rd.
Boca Raton, FL 33496

Upper pole fullness and revision

Of course, an exam in person is key.  To see a noticeable difference you  may have to go up 150-200 cc's.  Remember also that the larger the implant the potential for more problems.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

If you looking to really notice a difference you need to go up more than 100cc I would say at least 225 cc to see a difference. If you’re looking for projection and superior fullness you can use either Allergan or Mentor. Use the HIGH profile implants. Without a picture or an exam it’s hard to be more accurate. Make sure you and your PS agree but most importantly that you explain exactly what you’re looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

9025 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Want more projection, is a revision worth it?

Good question, at your size I would recommend at least a 200cc jump  to see a difference in size, if projection or shape is more of a concern I would also recommend the allergan style 45 implants, I have had great success with increasing projection and upper pole fullness with these implants. Good luck and make sure you agree with your PS plan and are on the same page with your goals.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

4212 Bluebonnet Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70809

Consider style 45 Allergan

If you current implants have a diameter that is close to your breast diameter and you would like more projection you may consider style 45 Allergan silicone implants which have additional projection over HP Mentor implants.  Have a look at the Mentor implant guide and the Allergan implant guide and compare the silicone implants that you are considering.  Make sure you understand what you are trying to achieve first as this will simplify the implant selection process.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

100 cc is not much of a change when you already have a 450 cc implant. Ask your surgeon to show you a sample of the current implant you have and the larger one proposed, so that you can see for yourself how similar these are. 

Allergan does have a full profile product that gives even more projection that the high profiles. They are not for everybody, but for the patient that mainly wants more projection, they may be your answer. Ask you surgeon.

Thanks for your question and best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Revision without Larger Implants

Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs or the size of your breasts prior to implantation.  650 cc implants will stretch your skin and muscle envelope and produce drooping.  The goal of breast surgery is to make beautiful breasts.  Beautiful breasts require more than just implantation.  The other thing to consider is lifting your breasts.  Breasts higher on the chest wall will appear bigger and have increased projection.  There is a new procedure called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift which can increase your projection and upper pole fullness.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

14887 Southwest Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77478