Revision Upper Blepharoplasty (Incision Method)?

Hi, may I know what is the norm for revision upper blepharoplasty charges? Would it cost the same as the first surgery? Also, if i am only dissatisfied with one eyelid, does the revision have to be done on both eyes? Would the healing process be as long as the first surgery? Lastly, would a revision surgery guarantee lasting permanent results? Thank you for your time.

Revision surgery for blepharoplasty

+1

Upper eyelid revision is very easy with minimal recovery and would be long lasting. I generally don't charge the patient for revisions but this varies from surgeon to surgeon.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you have a little bit of residual skin remaining on one eyelid, this is a relatively trivial procedure that can be executed in about 5 minutes.  This would probably cost very little, and the recovery would be minimal.  The other eyelid would not have to be touched.  If there is something else going on, this would likely be a complicated procedure that would involve an examination and a discussion of goals and risks.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Agree with the others: depends on what you mean by revisional surgery.

+1

If you are talking about having another surgeon fix a problem created by someone else's eyelid surgery, then absolutely, there are much, much more complicated that doing the surgery right the very first time.  Consequently a repair surgery in these circumstances is often significantly more expensive that the original surgery.  If you are talking about a revision being performed by the original surgeon, how individual surgeons charge varies.  However, if it is a matter of fixing an issue that arose from a surgery, surgeons are often very generous with this because they are motivated to make you happy.  If it is a matter of revising something that is basically a very good result but you want to make it even better, then yes sometimes surgeons might impose a fee that approaches the cost of the original surgery and they are basically telling you that they don't think you should mess with the eyelid.

Most surgeons do not charge a professional fee for revisions of their own surgery.

+1

Revisions are occasionally necessary after any operation. I do not charge patients a professional fee for any revisions that I'm responsible for.

Revision upper lids.

+1

Revision upper lids can mean many different things and I need to see photos to give a proper answer. 

Revision Upper Eyelid Lift

+1

Thank you for the great questions. Typically, revision surgery costs more than primary surgery. This is true for most types of facial aesthetic surgery. If there is an issue with one of the eyes, it would not be necessary to repeat the procedure on both.  Lastly, with any cosmetic surgery, your will see an improvement in the treated area -- but this does not stop the normal aging process. Best of luck moving forward!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon