How Long Should I Wait Before Getting a Rhinoplasty Revision?

I had a closed Rhinoplasty 4-5 Months ago and am not pleased, if I were to have some revision work done any idea how long I would need to wait?

Timing of revision

+1

In general it is a good idea to wait about one year before seeking a revision.  There are a number of good reasons for this which your surgeon can discuss with you.

Wait one year for revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is probably best to wait at least a year to undergo another rhinoplasty surgery so as to make sure all healing has taken place prior to undergoing any revision.

Revision rhinoplasty needs patient's patience!

+1

I typically counsel a wait time of a year for major rhinoplasty revision that involves the tip and middle third cartilages.  If that revision is my own I might act a few months earlier as I know what grafts I will encounter.  A year's time allows swelling and the forces of healing to be greatly resolved.  Many times fullness or asymmetry will resolve on their own without surgery during this year.  So the take home message is PATIENCE and choose an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Lee Kleiman, MD
Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Revision after Primary Rhinoplasty

+1

Is is best to wait about 1 year before revision surgery so you can achieve the best possible result. You want this revision surgery to be your final rhinoplasty. Unfortunately, over many years I've had patients come to my office for a second revision because they did not wait long enough after their original procedure.

Waiting time before revision rhinoplasty

+1

For most patients, a minimum of 6 months is indicated for performing a revision to a rhinoplasty. However, in cases where simple maneuvers are planned for with the revision i.e. narrowing of the nostrils this can be done as soon as 6 weeks later.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Usually you wnat to wait at least one year after a rhinoplasty to seek out a revision. By that time the tissue should be soft enough to allow for the surgery to be successful.

In general, Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery should be 6 mos. or longer from your original procedure.

+1

It's always best to leave a revision rhinoplasty as a last resort. You would be surprised how much improvement you could see from a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure, if you're a good candidate.  I prefer Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timeframe for revision rhinoplasty

+1

For anything significant, one year is the usual minimum period to wait for a revision.

Good luck,

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing of revision rhinoplasty

+1

This would depend on the surgeon' s preference. Performing surgery too early may make it difficult to dissect out the cartilage due to excess scar tissue. Typically we wait at least 6 months to get photos of long term results and see improvements over a two year period. Waiting one year seems prudent or reasonable unless it is a very limited correction such as a nostril scar.

You should wait a year before having revision rhinoplasty

+1

It takes a full year for the nose to completely heal following rhinoplasty. Changes take place even beyond a year but that is sufficient time for the scar tissue to soften and to see close to the final result. Any revision surgery prior to that may be less than successful because of the ongoing healing process plus the final nasal relationships are not finalized.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD