What is the Best Revision for my Inner Thighs and Loose Skin?

I had lipo to my inner thighs and then trasferred to my butt. Its 6 mos. later and the skin in my inner thigh is loose and jiggly. He is moving to another state and is offering to give ne a discounted revision. I want to know if I should have an inner thigh lift or could vaser lipo tighten up the skin without leaving me with the scar. I would also like to know of the life expectancy of the inner thigh lift. Im 34 and their telling me that the scar will fall.

Inner thigh looseness after liposuction

+2

The inner thigh does not respond as well as many other ares with liposuction as its structural support is not the same as the outer thigh.  It is surprising that enough fat could be removed in this area for a sufficient buttock augmenation. I doubt that smart lipo, vaser, conventional liposuction could improve this and can make it worse.  I also doubt that Thermage would help tighten this to any significant degree.  A thigh lift may be the only recourse but the scar may descend with time.  You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon, who has a great experience with thigh lifts,  for a consultation with a physical examination to determine how you may respond to a thigh lift procedure.

Thigh Skin Tightening

+2

If you have loose and hanging skin, then you need a surgical procedure such as thigh lift.  There is no laser or other non-invasive treatment that can achieve this dramatic of skin tightening.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Thigh lift?

+2

It sound slike formyour description that you might need an inner thigh lift, but I can not be sure without an exam.

Best Revision for my Inner Thighs and Loose Skin?

+2

Regarding: "What is the Best Revision for my Inner Thighs and Loose Skin?
I had lipo to my inner thighs and then trasferred to my butt. Its 6 mos. later and the skin in my inner thigh is loose and jiggly. He is moving to another state and is offering to give ne a discounted revision. I want to know if I should have an inner thigh lift or could vaser lipo tighten up the skin without leaving me with the scar. I would also like to know of the life expectancy of the inner thigh lift. Im 34 and their telling me that the scar will fall
."

I have several problems with your question.

First, removing moderate to large amounts of fat from the inner thighs commonly result is deflated, hanging "loose and jiggly" skin. Were you not told about it? If you were and proceeded, why are you surprised? If you were not, why would you trust a surgeon who did not tell you about it with another operation?

Second, I have done a lot of VASER liposuction procedures and while there is a certain amount of skin shrinkage with it, it never matches the flattening seen with an excisional surgery such as Tummy Tuck, Buttock or Thigh Lift.

I would get at least another opinion before having another procedure.

Dr. Peter Aldea

+2

Lift away forget the VASER! Lose skin = excision of the lose skin. From MIAMI DR. Darryl j. Blinski

Medial thigh lift for loose medial thigh skin

+2

I do not think that VASER will give you the tightening that you desire. Medial thigh lifts performed by a surgeon familiar with this procedure should give you the tightening of thigh you want. I disagree that the scars for this procedure are not good. With a conservative skin resection, tension can be limited giving you an improved contour. Aggressive resections can result in too much pulling in this region leaving widened scars and potential distortion of the genital region. I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with this procedure to give you the best result.

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Inner Thigh Jiggly! What to do?

+2

Vaser tightens the skin in many places but does not help the inner thigh much.  I have done well over 1200 Vaser procedures and am very pleased but again it does not help much with inner thigh.  The only solution is a thigh lift but a reasonable alternative is to wait a year or two and see how you look.   The thigh lift is a significant surgery with a long (8 inches or more) incision and a longer recovery.    The inner thigh is a tough place.  good luck.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin on inner thigh following liposuction

+1

You probably need an excisional type thigh lift. If done right, the scar should not migrate and the results should be permanent. Don't try any non invasive treatments as they will not work.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Consider an inner thigh lift

+1

The only way to know if you would have loose skin after liposuction would be to have a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.  The key to liposuction is not the amount of fat removed it is the amount of fat that remains and the quality of the skin.  Poor skin elasticity will yield a poor result.  You may need an inner thigh lift

Revision of Enter Thigh Liposuction?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no modality of treatment to correct the problem you are experiencing except for medial thigh lifting surgery. As you have heard there are significant downsides to this operation which you must consider carefully. You may decide that it would be best not to undergo any type of treatment. Do not waste your time on modalities that will not work or make things worse.

Please make sure you are consulting with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.