Revision with the Same Doctor? (photo)

I posted a ? earlier asking about my previous rhinoplasty results.Everyone seemed to suggest revision. I set an appt w/ my dr but I wanted some insight-He did great work on my bridge but the tip isn't great.I feel like it should be smaller and more even. Should I trust him to go in & work on it again successfully? Can this be a problem for even the best drs?How much should I be expected to pay in comparison to my initial fee?Does the work that needs to be done seem simple/easy to achieve?Thanks!

Revision Rhinoplasty with the Same Surgeon

+3

There was a reason why you chose your surgeon originally. Unless you have lost confidence with him or her, the original surgeon will have the best understanding of your anatomy and the surgery that he/she originally did. Regarding the fees, it would be fair to pay the anesthesia and facility fees for a revision.  The surgeon's fee would be based on the policies of the given office, and your arrangements with them at the time of the original surgery.

Revision with the same doctor

+2

If you have confidence in his or her abilities, it is always best to go back to the original surgeon.  The original rhinoplasty surgeon knows exactly what was performed on the nose.  Communicate directly with your surgeon to make sure that what you, the patient, wants can be performed surgically and accomplished.  There is at least 10% chance of a revision needing to be performed on primary rhinoplasties.  Most surgeons charge a minimal fee for the anesthesia and operating room on touchup procedures.

Even the best revision doctor needs to revise a few of his own

+2

Your original doctor knows the most about what he did and your anatomy. If you trust him and from what I see you should why not?

Trust and revision rhino

+1

You are the only one who can answer your question about trust

and the real question is, do you trust him?

this is a from the gut answer, if you trust him you will feel good about your revision results no matter what occurs. 

You need to work with someone who is skilled ( check out his/ her other work) and someone who inspires confidence ( gut check question).

With regard to your question about is a revision

if you came to me for a revision - I would offer you one

the is room for improvement in the Dorset and tip/ tip position 

Web reference: Http://setonplasticsurgery.com/photogallery/