Revision Surgery

9 1/2 yrs ago *after 2 kids, I had Mentor 360cc saline implants put in. Since, I've had a 3rd child and gained 30lbs. Now I'm 5'10" and 165 lbs..which is athletic size. I'll be getting a lift, as well as replacing my implants. I'm just wondering, since I have broad shoulders; if going to a Naturelle 650-700cc silicone memory gel would look ok.

Revision surgery

+1

Itseems to me that the size implants you mention are much too large.  they will likely make you look heavier and make the breasts more prone to sag again.  Even without seeing photos, I think it would be much too big and would probably stay with about the same size implants you already have.  Also , the surgery will be simpler and presumably less costly if you can simply undergo a lift and not change the implants if there is no reason to do so.

Measurements needed to select proper size breast implants

+1

The best way to select the correct size implant for you is to base the selection on the implant width and not the volume.  In my office we measure the existing breast width.  One can then look at the available implants, and identify which implants fall within this width.  You and your surgeon will then have several implant volumes to choose from and you can select based on your preference.  The best size implant for you is based on your measurements.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Implant sizing

+1
Without a photo and examination, it is not possible for evaluate whether the size you are planning is appropriate for you. These are very large implants and the width of your chest, not your shoulders, is an critical consideration. Larger implants, in women with lax skin tone, are an invitation to problems. I would also like to know what effect, if any, the 30 lb weight gain had on the appearance of your breasts.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Exchange of implants and lift

+1

Thank you for your question. Without examining you it is difficult to decide if going to 650-700cc gel implants would be appropriate. The decision depends on several factors; skin elasticity, degree of ptosis and hence type of lift and what can your breasts accommodate. It is vital that you convey what you want to have with your plastic surgeon, It is also very helpful if you take photo of what you expect.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD