Is Revision Surgery Possible to Reduce Large Eyelids After Levator Resection Ptosis Surgery? (photo)

I had upper blepharoplasty with supratarsal fixation 8 weeks ago as well as lower eyelid with canthopexy. The crease was set at 8mm and I had levator resection ptosis surgery. I am very unhappy and feel I have unnatural results with an overdone look. Is there a revision surgery that can be done to reduce my upper lids and make me look more like my old self? My surgeon says this is my final result. I hate looking in the mirror.

Hollow upper lids...

+1

Looking at your photos, I notice a couple of things.

First, your preop photo shows full eyelids/brow, which is actually a sign of youth. If I had to do anything for you, I would have removed a minimal amount of skin....and that would have been if you had twisted my arm. It seems that not only was skin removed, but possibly fat as well, leading to the hollow look.

Looking at your post op photop, I notice that your brows seem more elevated than in the pre-op photos. Elevating the brow, will exacerbated the upper eyelid hollowness that is now present. If you are using Botox to the brows to elevate them, stop doing that. Your elevated brow gives you a "done look".

At this point, fillers to camouflage the upper eyelid hollowness is your best bet. A surgeon with good experience with fat grafting, may be able to help as well.

Furthermore, the canthopexy has elevated the corners of your eyelids which exacerbates the "done" look.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website. Allow at least 6 months for the tissues to settle further. You may notice improved results with time.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hollow upper eyelids

+1

Your upper eyelids and brow are too hollow.  Filler injection, rather than surgery, is a better solution for you.  See an oculoplastic specialist.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon