Considering Revision Surgery. Too Large? Mispositioning?

24yr old 127lbs pre op 32c. No sagging just wanted slightly larger and fuller look. Dr recommend I choose 450cc moderate classic profile silicone implants. I feel like my right breast is hanging off my implant and worried they are way too big... I'm about 4 months post op.

+2

Don't take any of our responses too seriously. Without the ability to at least look at photos, preferable before and after surgery, we are guessing based on inadequate information! Please consider attaching some photos to your query.

By four months after surgery, if you think the implants are too big, I would say it is not likely that that will change. 450cc would usually increase you by about two cup sizes, though maybe even more with a 32 inch band. 

As far as the breast hanging off the implant, that could be a result of a high riding implant, a capsular contracture, or the need for a breast lift.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Considering Revision Surgery

+2

It is very difficult for anyone in this forum to give you a real opinion here without seeing what is going on. It all depends on what your breasts were like before surgery to give you a good evaluation on what might have gone wrong. Every patient has different breast types with different needs. The most important issue is that you have clear communication of your goals with your surgeon. You should return to your surgeon to discuss matters further.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Revisionary Breast Surgery Options?

+2

Although you do provide a nice description of your situation, it is really not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. I would suggest an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Communication about your concerns and about your goals will be critical in determining the best course of action for you.

Otherwise, for more accurate online advice, consider posting frontal and side view pictures ( with your arms by your side).

Revision Breast Surgery

+1

Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you any advice.  However, if you are not happy with your initial results, I would suggest that you discuss with your plastic surgeon.  If you post before and after pictures, then we can give you some advice as well.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Missizing/malpositioning

+1
Without a photograph, it is impossible to even attempt to respond to your question. Please post some pics to facilitate the discussion.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Implant Size: Determination of the Correct Size for a Happy Result

+1

Implant size determination is one of the most important decisions made in the preoperative visit with a plastic surgeon.  If you wear a 32C cup bra, you likely have a narrow chest.  For patients with a narrow breast width, I rarely used moderate classic Mentor implants.  Narrow chests do better with narrower implants generally.   However, if your doctor is a board certified plastic surgeon, there is likely a good reason why those implants were chosen for you.    In terms of volume, a 450cc implant will often enhance breast volume by 2 cup sizes for patients with your measurements.   Likely, the best option at this point is to visit your doctor or another qualified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.  An examination is worth a thousand words!  

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Too big or not in right position

+1

I would definitely get in contact with your surgeon about your concerns after your augmentation.  Choosing the right implant for your size and desires in shape are not always coinciding with each other, so a compromise must be met.  To say your implant is too large for your body size is really a personal choice, not a formula or other person's opinion.

It is quite possible that one of your implants has not fully dropped yet, but without photos it is difficult to say.  Does the right one feel firmer than the left?  This could be a sign of capsular contracture.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Malpositioned implants

+1

What you are describing is very possible, but without an exam or at least photographs, it is very difficult to assess your issues.

Please send pictures

+1

It is impossible to give good answer. Please send pictures for better evaluation. Bigger  implants will have more sagging.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Considering Revision Surgery

+1

It is very difficult to form a definitive opinion without photos and/or an in person examination. At 4 months post-op you will now start to have a good idea as to what your results will be, although in some people it can take 6 months or longer. At this juncture in your post operative period I would recommend to follow up with your plastic surgeon and make sure you communicate your concerns. Give them a chance to evaluate you and make any further recommendations to improve your outcome before you give up on them and your results.

Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD