Do I Need Revision Surgery to Fix Dent in New Gummy Bear Implants?

I got 250 cc "gummy bear" implants a week ago. Yesterday, I rotated too quickly to get off the bed and had a sharp, burning pain inside of my right breast. Later, I took off my support bra to shower and saw the side I moved on had an assymetry, a dent in the outer area right above the scar. My surgeon said not to worry, that they are dropping and as the pocket stretches to accommodate the implant, it will straighten out. What are your opinions?

Revisional surgery is not likely to be needed.

+1

While it is normal to be anxious about the final outcome, many irregularities and asymmetries visible in the first few weeks after surgery get better with time. Follow the advice and directions of your Plastic Surgeon!

Dr. Mosher

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Revision needed?

+1

At one week you are gong to have a lot of swelling and you should give it time to settle down. If you have concerns contact your doctor.

Time is our friend

+1

One week after surgery is far too soon to make any decision about shape.  I think the small depression you see will fade with time as the implants settle. 

Breast contour a week after Breast Augmentation

+1

I can appreciate the indentation you are referring to, however at 1 week after surgery it is far too early to make any final impressions. It is likely that the "dent" will resolve. Follow the postoperative instructions given by your surgeon and trust in their judgment.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Defromity after Breast Augmenataion

+1

Give your breasts some time to settle over the next 3-4 months.  That area will get better if you allow ihe implant toe soften and swelling to resolve.

Dr. ES

Dent in implant

+1

The "dent" you notice now will most likely resolve with time as the other posts suggest, especially as this is noticed along the lower pole of the breast. Be patient, I don't think you have anything about which you need to worry. If a revision is needed your surgeon will want to wait a number of months to make sure this is not a temporary problem.

Web reference: http://www.drchaffoo.com/surgery/implant-options.cfm

Contour irregularity after Breast Augmentation

+1

I agree, it is much too soon to assess a final result. As the implants "drop" and settle with gravity, the lower pole tends to round out. I would give it several months, be patient, and it will likely resolve.

It takes time for your breasts to settle.

+1

IT IS WAY TOO EARLY for you to make any final assesments about your final result and it is very likely that your "dent" will improve. As they say "a watched pot never boils" so give it at least 6-9 months.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.