Best Revision Specialists in the US? (photo)

I'm about 5 months post op now and I can see that I will most definitely need a revision and researching US specialists. I was only wanting my bump removed from the bridge but it was over reduced leaving a scoop and the tip was lifted too much and is now piggyish. The front view looks like the nose is divided into 2 halves. Would I need grafts to rebuild the bridge and lengthen tip? Who is the best US surgeon for this type of revision?

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It's quite apparent that your original rhinoplasty result is less than optimal. It's hard to tell exactly what's going on by your photos alone without all the views, the pre-op photos, and better quality photos; however, your tip is over-rotated and over-projected relative to your upper dorsum/nasal bones which may have collapsed. You will most certainly need cartilage grafting to achieve improvements in all the above areas. As you are probably aware, your revision surgery will have to wait another 7 months or so. There are many talented revision rhinoplasty surgeons in the United States. You should continue to do your research and you can always do virtual (phone or Skype) consultations without having to travel all over the place. Best of luck.

Revision Rhinoplasty is definitely needed

+1

Dear Yasmin, Yes you are correct you will need a revision rhinoplasty surgeon to correct the multiple problems described above and quite apparent in your photographs. Your dorsum was over reduced and you have what is called a polly beak deformity and your tip was not properly addressed amongst other things. I perform a lot of revision rhinoplasty procedures and I would suggest an open revision rhinoplasty approach to correct your problems. If you would like to contact me through my website I would be happy to provide you with further expertise either via the telephone or email. Certainly do not return to your original surgeon. Three is not a charm when discussing rhinoplasty this needs to be fixed properly during your revision procedure and with expertise. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD