Do I Need a Revision Septoplasty?

I had a septoplasty about 4 months ago, however i feel that the surgeon has NOT done it sufficiently or the way i would have liked it done since i still have many problems. Firstly although my breathing has gone better there is still deviation in the tip of my nose which is causing huge problems including feeling the bone against my nose which is very very uncomfortable and feels like there's a pen stuck in my nose which also makes me experience headaches. My question is would i need a revision?

Issues following septoplasty

+2

An examination would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. What were the goals you discussed with your surgeon prior to surgery? In general, a deviated septum can lead to a deviated nose. But performing septoplasty will not necessarily result in a cosmetic change.  Depending on what you would like to change, a rhinoplasty may be necessary. From here, I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding your concerns, as he/she knows the extent of your initial procedure and exactly what was  performed. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Persistently deviated tip after septoplasty

+2

It's hard to say whether you need revision septoplasty without seeing your nose. It must be remembered that a septoplasty alone won't necessarily straighten the external part of the nose.

Rhinoplasty may be needed in your case to outwardly straighten your nose.

You could talk to your surgeon about your concerns. If you're not satisfied with what you hear you can seek a second opinion with another surgeon.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Septoplasty

+2

Dear Abz, Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your recent septoplasty. It is not possible to determine your needs regarding revision septoplasty without a direct examination to see what may be causing your problems. It would also be helpful if you seek a second opinion to have a copy of your past operative report to determine what was done during your original procedure. In the interim i would discuss your  concerns with your surgeon and hopefully a proper diagnosis can be made. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD