1 Months After Revision Rhinoplasty the Tip Appears Fat and Hanging Columella, Is this Likely to Be Permanent?

Today is 4 weeks of my revision rinoplasty due to a little bump in the bone... I have remain taped for more than 3 weeks 4 days ago the doctor took them out but I am not trully happy with the tip and the columella the tip is kind of round and to me the columella is hanging a bit. I hate columellas but the doctor and everybody tells me that a nose without columella is not naturall and it could appear too artificial. Do you thing that the tip will refine a bit? How about the columella??

Fat tip and revision rhinoplasty

+2

At a few weeks out, it is too early to comment on your nasal tip. There is usually too much swelling at this point.  Give it some time to heal.

Fat tip and hanging columella after revision rhinoplasty

+2

It's hard to say what will happen to your nose without seeing it. Being only 1 month from surgery I would imagine that there is substantial temporary tip swelling. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon as that's who would best be able to guide you during the healing process.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD