Revision Rib Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I'm asian,had diced rib cartilage(D-RC)rhinoplasty 5mths ago to augment my bridge and tip but it isnt enough.Planning to have revision with bloc rib cartilage as DRC cant resist d skin pressing downward.A doc i consultd said revision is difficult with all the DCR/scar tissues(unpredictable outcome).he said i may not hav enough RC since I'm 26 y/o(most RC has ossified+operated b4).if RC’s not long enough,is it possible to join 2 pieces of carved RC together?Is this revision with RC bloc do-able?

Rib graft in revision rhinoplasty

+1

Revision rhinoplasty with rib cartilage is very difficult and can be fraught with complications even in experienced hands.  It may be best to leave well enough alone since the height of the bridge is quite acceptable.  Remember rib cartilage can warp over time resulting in the need for yet another nasal surgery.

Revision Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Depending on how much height you are wanting to achieve, there generally is sufficient rib cartilage to build up the nasal height for Asian Rhinoplasty surgery.  Your revision surgery will be challenging, but should be doable.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Dorsal cartilage with rib

+1

Rib cartilage is sufficient in most cases.  I would also consider a non-surgical nasal enhancement of the dorsal bridge at this point.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Nasal Revision with Rib cartilage

+1

You have a lot of residual rib cartilage to further augment your nose whether strips or more diced material are used. If you have doubts about your previous consultation you can get a second opinion. 

Availability of rib cartilage for rhinoplasty

+1

You should have plenty of rib cartilage available for harvest, especially if you have only had one previous surgery.  There are a number of potential ribs that can be harvested, and it's unlikely you had more than one harvested during the initial operation.  

Your revision will be a challenging one, but one that is technically feasible.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD