Have a Deviated Tip Post-Op Rhinoplasty, What Revision Options do I Have? (photo)

Hi, this is a folow up to my previous question. i am adding more pictures to explain my situation better.

Revision options

+1

your options are likely - open revision rhinoplasty with septal cartialge grafts if spetum is present and if not rib graft.  you have a challenging case but have the potential for a nice nose in the right hands.

San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Revision options for deviated tip after rhinoplasty

+1

There are multiple asymmetries with the nasal tip that are going to be very difficult to correct.  The entire tip will need to be explored and lower lateral cartilages sewn together to create symmetry.  A graft will be placed on the inside of the patient’s right nostril to prevent the alar notching that is present.  There appears to be an underlying septal deviation, which will need to be corrected as well.  Spreader grafts will be used for any concavity in the upper lateral cartilage area if present.

Revision of Deviated Nasal Tip

+1

A deviation of the underlying septum can cause a deviated tip.This can be corrected by straightening the septum. Although the picture is not ideal, I feel you do have asymmetrical tip cartilages which could be improved with a tip-plasty.

Persistently deviated nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Persistent deviations of the tip of the nose like you seem to have are often due to the end of the septum in that area. This area can be reconstructed to create a more straight framework and result tip position.

You would want to consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon experienced in treating this type of problem. Look at their before and after photos of similar crooked noses to see how they turned out.

It's hard to make a nose perfectly straight, but it should be possible to improve your current situation.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Have a Deviated Tip Post-Op Rhinoplasty, What Revision Options do I Have?

+1

You should discuss this with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon first.  Following that, if you want other opinions, it's best that you have in person consultations wit several experienced Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeons that understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.