Was Left with a Deviated Tip After Original Rhynoplasty, What Revision Options do I Have? (photo)

I have done a rhynoplasty 4 years ago and I was not happy because I ended up with a deviated tip so I went back to the same doctor and did a revision rhynoplasty a year after . Now after 3 years i am still not happy with the tip. I've consulted another doctor but he said this is how my nose is built and there is not much that can be done to correct it. What do you recomend?

Deviated Tip after Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

No one can really answer your question without seeing your nose from a number of views and hopefully reviewing what the prior surgeon actually did to the nose. Usually these kinds of problems can be improved but the technique involved would depend on what was done before and which specific anatomical portions of the nose are deviated. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Deviated Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to answer your question with one picture where your tip is distorted because you are smiling. It appears that the cartilages of your tip are asymmetrical because of  differences in size, contour, and position. Another cause of a crooked tip is deviation of the septum. All of these problems can be corrected, but find a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty. 

Crooked tip

+1

It's difficult to say for sure with this limited photo. Some faces are so asymmetric that you can never get the tip completely straight relative to the face. Having said that most noses can be made a lot better if the underlying septal and tip cartilages are corrected. You need to see a surgeon with experience at deviated noses.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting the tip of your nose straighter after two prior surgeries is difficult but can be done

+1

Crooked nasal tips can be often straightened during revision rhinoplasty. It may be impossible to get the tip perfectly straight but we can often make it much better. The most common culprit is the end of the septum. The area called the septal angle, if crooked, will throw off the entire tip of the nose. Since a third operation increases the complexity, you should seek out a specialist in revision rhinoplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD