Considering Revision Rhinoplasy for Nasal Tip Refinement? (photo)

I went into my surgeons office today and told him the concerns i had about the tip of my nose still being bulbous- not much change from the way i had it before the rhinoplasty- he said that he would re-do it for 1800. His reason for not making it more pointy and smaller was because he did not want to "over-do it." I am just so confused to whether i should trust him or whether what he saying is really true. I told him exactly what i wanted before i had the surgery. Help please! thank you guys!

Bulbous tip

+1

First, how long has it been since your surgery. No revision before at least a year especially for the tip. Second, a lateral (side) view would also help. You may have other issues as well, such as possible saddle deformity from overresection of your dorsum. Get more than one opinion.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revison Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes you have a persistant bulbous tip. I would be wary about redoing your nose with same surgeon. Seek a revision with someone that has experience with bulbous tips.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com/rhinoplasty-surgery-complications.htm

Revision Rhinoplasty question

+1

Dear bachez2,

• It is possible to make the tip more refined, and sometimes it happens after a primary rhinoplasty that you want more tip definition
  • How long has it been?
  • You have to talk to your surgeon and see if you feel reassured
  • You can always get a second opinion if you have any doubts, you can find consultations that are complimentary
  • Finally, that is a very fair price

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani