Revision Rhinoplasty: Uneven Nostrils

2 months post op. Nostrils look uneven. Can that be fixed? Thanks

Uneven Nostrils 2 Months after Rhinoplasty

+2

Your uneven nostrils and and alar rim retraction can be improved, but wait at least another 6-8 months. This revision surgery will probably require cartilage grafts.

Nostril asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+2

There does seem to be alar retraction on your right nostril margin. It's hard to know if this is from surgery without seeing preoperative photos, though.

There are ways of improving alar retraction, though I would wait at least 1 year from surgery before considering this. Your nose will continue to evolve over time.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty, uneven nostrils can be fixed

+2

The photos seem to show over resection of the nasal tip cartilages with tip collapse and alar retraction.  You may want to get a second opinion.  Yes, this could be addressed at 6 months postop and would require some Revision Rhinoplasty work.

Nasal asymmetry

+2

The key to any evaluation is to see your pre-op films and of course examine you in person as well.  Good luck.

You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty to improve the appearance of your nostril asymmetry following surgery.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. You appear to have excessive nostril retraction of your right nostril compared to your left. In my practice, asymmetries like this are corrected non-surgically using Injectable Fillers. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

I attached a link to some photos on my RealSelf page demonstrating non-surgical nostril lowering.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need to look at your pre op photos

+2

A lot of post op asymmetry comes from pre op asymmetry. People are made with paired structures, but they are often different. If something was uneven to start, it may not be possible to make it even. Also it is WAY to early to be to critical of the result. More swelling will go down over the next 10 months. Right now the solution would be to cover your mirrors.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Uneven Nostrils

+2

Hi,

Nostril asymmetry is very difficult to correct. In your case, there is asymmetry at the alar rim. However its not that bad from the pics you sent. To correct this you would need cartilage grafts to extend the alar rim. It may not be worth the risk,

Dr. S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision Rhinoplasty: Uneven Nostrils

+1

Yes, you may get improvement with cartilage grafts placed along the nostril rims. However, do not expect perfectly symmetric nostrils as you will likely be dissapointed.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar retraction

+1

ideally wait 10  - 12 months from the last surgery at which time you can have a minor revision (closed) with placement of a cartilage +/- skin graft to correct the retraction

Sam Naficy, MD