Revision Rhinoplasty? How Do I Choose a Surgeon?

I am scheduled to have surgery with a local doctor who has been practicing FACS for less than 10 years. His educational background is superb. This is going to be me third rhinoplasty and I and am not happy with the shape of my bridge and tip. The doctor suggested I only get the bridge shaved down and it will look good. Do you think I should see a specialist in Rhinoplasties for the aesthetic results I want? The doctor has only a few pictures of his nose jobs and not many have rated his NJs

Choosing a Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+2

A surgeon's training is important but you want an individual who has done a lot of rhinoplasties and is a revision specialist. If you are not happy with your tip you probably will not be happy with your result if the tip is not modified.

Third revision rhinoplasty

+2

The best advice is to seek out a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty surgeries.  Credentials, experience, Board certification, reviews and ratings, before and after photo gallery, are all good ways to pick  a rhinoplasty surgeon.  

+1

The best advice I can give is not exclude because of youth or accept because of mature age.  Elite training may be an indication of genius or aptitude, but reproducibility is important as well.  If there are only a few pictures, determine how many rhinoplasties are performed by that surgeon each year.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

For revision rhinoplasty seek a specialist

+1

I've specialized in facial aesthetic surgery since 1988 and have done loads or primary and revision rhinoplasties. I can honestly say that I'm better today than I was even 5 years ago and better at that time than I was 10 years ago ... Rhinoplasty surgery is a procedure that if you are going to be really good at it you need to perform it frequently and always be inquisitive about what and how you can improve your technique. Seek the opinion of 2-3 plastic surgeons that specialize in facials aesthetic surgery and preferably have a heavy dose of noses in their practice. They should average at least 2 per week in my book. Look at their photos and find one you feel comfortable with. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon