Revision Rhinoplasty? Surgery 3 Years Ago and it Doesn't Look Much Different From the Front? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 3 years ago but they didn't really touch the tip, just straightened the bridge, which although has improved my nose has left me disappointed. I still have a "Jewish" nose, and it doesn't look all that different from the front. The tip is slightly too bulbous and droopy, and my nostrils too long. I would like it brought back, upturned slightly and my nostrils neatened. I have attempted to do this myself on photo 2 attached. Please could you let me know what procedure I'd need.

Revision Rhinoplasty and Improvement of Tip

+1

I think your goals are realistic, and a rhinoplasty to raise and reduce the tip is reasonable and achievable. Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty questions

+1

It sounds like you are disappointed because your nose was under-reduced. You wanted a small ,feminine, cute nose but feel that wasn't achieved. I see this commonly. Many doctors are SO conservative that you barely see a change after surgery. Consult with other plastic surgeons. Hopefully you will find one one who understands your situation. The revision to make it smaller should be pretty straightforward. Everything you say makes perfect sense to me!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

It sounds like your goals for a revision rhinoplasty are realistic.  I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your result from your original procedure.  Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty before undergoing a secondary procedure.  Good luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Perhaps you need to see a rhinoplasty surgeon for a consultation to perform a revision?  Good luck with your decision.

Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

Revision surgery would be necessary to improve your nose. Although you have submitted one limited view of you nose, your expectations seem realistic. Select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon because you want subtle changes to achieve a natural result.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

See a Board Certified Surgeon well versed in Rhinoplasty.  The things you want should be achievable.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Board Certified Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Revison Rhinoplasty for Tip

+1

Hi Lara,

A revision tiplasty should help you achieve your nasal aesthetic goals.  If your mother is Jewish, even after your nose is perfect, you will still have a Jewish nose. 

Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully. With due respect to Dr. Ringler's advice, you may "seek out a board certified" plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or ENT surgeon with skill and experience in rhinoplasty.  Good luck and be well

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD