Do I Need a Revision Rhinoplasty? Pig-ish Look After Surgery

I am a week and 3 days post-op and my nose is looking too pig-ish to me. I understand swelling has to go down but do you think my doctor up-turned my nose too much? I had a lot of cartilage removed from my tip and I think he removed a little too much. I am worried that once the swelling subsides, my nose will still appear like a snout. Has anyone ever seen a Rhinoplasty patient with this type of pig-ish look right after surgery and that it has gotten way better months later? If so, let me know!

10 days post-op

+1

Ten days post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - you should give the tip more time to settle down as it surely will to some degree

Rhinoplasty result

+1

It is very early postoperatively . Let things sit the tip always drops a bit after surgery. There is also some residual swelling from the surgery and this needs to resolve for you to appreciate what your result will look like.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Too early to determine if you need a revision rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Lala,

Although it's tempting to make conclusions about your nasal appearance, it's far too soon. Many patients have an upturned nasal tip for the first few weeks to months after surgery. As the nasal swelling resolves, the tip tends to drop.

It's hard, but try to be patient. The results will get better and better as time passes. All the best - Sam Jejurikar

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Rhinoplasty results

+1

With your nose only being a week and 1/2 post surgery, all bets are off on how it will finally look.  I would give it 6 months to a year to see the results.

"Pig-ish" Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Depending on what was done during the rhinoplasty, it is not unusual to have this "pig-ish" look for a short time after rhinoplasty. As the swelling resolves, rotation will decrease, providing an insight to your final result.

Rhinoplasty healing process

+1

Hi Lala,

In this stage of healing, it is very normal for you to have the appearance you have posted in your pictures.  There is a tendency to over-rotation of the tip during this stage. 

You will experience a slow reduction of this rotation, and a general improvement of this "piggy" appearance.  Be patient, and direct any specific questions to your surgeon.

Good Luck, and don't worry, it will settle.

Dr. Torkian

Behrooz Torkian, MD

Nose turned up after surgery

+1

It is still very soon after your surgery, and not uncommon for the nose to be turned up early on. After rhinoplasty, swelling may last for 18-24 months and the final result will not be evident until that time., and it is important to be patient. At this point, it would be best for you to discuss any concern with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. Thank you, and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Piggish look after surgery?

+1

Dear Lala,

You are still at a very early stage in your post op recovery to get too concerned about what the nose is going to look like. An upturned nose will tend to drop after surgery as the nose heals, the swelling disappears and the tissues relax. You will have to wait six to twelve months in order to see how your tip looks. I am sure that your surgeon has reassured you already and you should maintain an open communication with him or her. All the best.

Dr. A. Gantous

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon