Do I Need a Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had a rhinoplasty in April..so about 5 months post op and u do.not have a straight transition from the top if my.nise to the tip. it look like the hump was nit reduced enough. my PS says it is callus that will go down but it feels like bone. It is also very noticeable from the 3/4 angle. if this is bone, can it be reduced by shaving it down???

Need for Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

The residual bony fullness is probably callus which probably will not resolve, but can be removed by shaving the excess. I do recommend that you wait another 4-5 months before a revision to make sure that no other irregularities are seen as healing progresses.

Callus Formation after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Post -operative nasal calluses are bone, so yes this can be shaven down. I doubt it will go down with time. What you see is probably what you get.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS