Revision Rhinoplasty or Not? (photo)

Dear doctors, I (20) got Rhinoplasty 11 months ago in Western EU. (a bump on the bridge, also altered my tip). I was patient for the healing. Lately I notice it isn't slinking down anymore and is more scooped, which I dislike. He said he could lower the tip some more ... I would want a nose that has a straight line. Is the result I would like (see pictures) reasonable? (add to the nasal bridge + lower the tip a little?) Hoping for your advice. I don't really know what to do.

Revision Rhinoplasty or Not?

+3

You have excellent aesthetic taste. No male nose should be scooped - the straight profile you morphed is ideal. The columella has been lifted or trimmed to decrease the convexity immediately below the tip which has been refined. Only you can decide about a revision but I would encourage you to consult with an expert revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Revision rhinoplasty or not?

+3
Your nose should be balanced with the other natural features in your face. This is why when you perform a rhinoplasty on a male you do not want to scoop the nose. A nice straight nose would be more aesthetically pleasing. I I would have a consultation second opinion and see your surgeon as well discuss your concerns and your desires with both! Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Revision rhinoplasty or not

+2

Revision rhinoplasty is always a difficult endeavor and unfortunately there has been an over resection of the nasal dorsum.  In this case, over resection of the dorsum can be repaired as well as lowering the tip can.  To augment the bridge the best option is to use nasoseptal cartilage, which is harvested from inside of the nose.  Ear cartilage can be harvested in the event there is not enough nose cartilage for use.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Your sense of what would benefit you is excellent and reasonable. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to review your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure to raise the height of your bridge.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

I do not think lowering your tip would be a good idea. Raising your bridge would provide pleasing improvement as you morphed. In my practice, I prefer to manage concerns like yours with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. In my view, you should leave revision rhinoplasty surgery as a last resort.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty or Not?

+1

It appears that the nasal bridge was over resected creating the scooped out bridge.  You would need a dorsal graft placed, during Rhinoplasty, to build up the nasal bridge.  Aesthetically, the chin should be augmented with a chin implant to balance the lower face on profile.