Getting Revision Septorhinoplasty, Should I be Nervous About Outcome, It's a Different Doctor?

Hi, I am a UK 39 old man and had open rhinoplasty 12month ago. The op was not a success and the company I went with are willing for me to have revision but with septorhinoplasty as my nose is bent. The surgeon who failed to do my nose has now left and a new surgeon who is very experienced in ENT is carrying out the revision. All my swelling seems to have gone, but the tip is still a little round and fat and seems a little swollen still. I am nervous and was wondering is he okay to perform the op

+1

There's no way for any of us here to know the outcome of your planned revision Rhinoplasty.  Be sure the plastic and cosmetic surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive nose....is my advice.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Revision rhinoplasty is a true specialty. As long as your surgeon is as experienced as you say, you should do fine. Look at your surgeon's results in patients who had a similar problem.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Revision rhinoplasty can be a very delicate operation.  Make sure that your surgeon is experienced to help you.

Revision rhinoplasty surgeon selection

+1

You should evaluate who does your revision surgery by making sure you trust him or her. You should also review before and after results of patients who had similar problems to your own. If you're not sure you should seek a second opinion.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
Septorhinoplasty is a very common operation but it is one of the more complex ones we perform as plastic surgeons. Patients have high expectation levels and we are also confronted with the need to deal with bones which may or may not try to revert to a pre-op bend, particularly in male patients. It is never a bad idea to seek another opinion before undergoing a revision. Statistically, 25% of SMR/rhinoplasties result in revisions so it isn't unusual. Also, it sounds ike you need adjustment to the tip to thin it down which is also not unusual. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Plastic Surgery "Companies": A New Dilemna

+1

Although you may do just fine with your recently "assigned" Surgeon, and his credentials may be impeccable, it is always a good idea to get a few opinions, particularly when considering revision surgery.  My question is whether you initially decided to go ahead with Rhinoplasty because of the plastic surgery company's marketing or the perceived strengths of the individual Surgeon?  If your answer is the former, your initial decision making process was flawed; plastic surgery company's can market with the best of them, but it is up to the individual Surgeon's hands, heart, and mind to do what is best for you.  Based on what I am reading in your question, I would recommend you seek other opinions from independent Facial Plastic Surgeons.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon